More than 100 women entrepreneurs and businesses have been honoured at the 3rd edition of Women in Entrepreneurship Awards (WIEA), a scheme that empowers and celebrates the strong impactful effort by some Ghanaian women in the field of entrepreneurship.
Under the auspices of Corporate Synergy, WIEA 2023 which was chaired by Ghanaian media personality Oheneyere Gifty Anti was held on the theme: “Digitization: Scaling up business in economic crises”.
WIEA celebrated ‘100 Most Successful Women Entrepreneurs’ and among ‘Top 30’ honorees were Deloris Frimpong Manso (Delay), Gifty Anti, Sally Akua Amoakowaa, Dr Hannah-Lisa Tetteh, Mama Dzidoasi I, Lydia Forson, Salma Mumin, Elizabeth Nana Ama Arko, Alice Frimpong Sarkodie, Joyce Ababio, and Nana Krobea Asante.
On the night, Nina Kwadanaab, CEO of Smockhub won the ‘Woman Entrepreneur of the Year’, whereas, Justine Mauda Aniaku and Princess Jewel Asare won the ‘PWD Entrepreneur of the Year’, and ‘Agri-Woman of the Year’, respectively.
Others include Abigail Sefa Bonsu, ‘Most Promising Entrepreneur of the Year’, Deborah Nyarko Osei, ‘Creative Industry Entrepreneur of the Year’, Mrs Patience Abekah, ‘Photographer of the Year’, Ernestina Arhin Mensah, ‘Business Insurance Broker of the Year’, and Awurama Kena-Asiedu, ‘Social Entrepreneur of the Year’.
Belinda Obour Mensah received the ‘Pocketi Student Entrepreneur of the Year’ award, Christabel Ofori, ‘Micro/Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year’, Ntoboa Fund, ‘Business Support Organization of the Year’, and Hanna Atiase took away the ‘Professional Service of the Year’ award.
Dr. Mary Dede Ansong won ‘Health & Well-Being Entrepreneur of the Year’; Jabez Heavenly Farms grabbed the ‘Family Business of the Year’, whereas, Cakes and Bakery, Empressmak Klothing, and Diya Organics, received ‘Food Entrepreneur of the Year’, ‘Fashion Entrepreneur of the Year’ and ‘Made in Ghana Product of the Year’, respectively.
As part of the ceremony, WIEA also recognized and honoured Ghanaians under the age of 25 who are making exploits in various fields, dubbed “Exceptional Under 25 (EU25) Awards.
Below is a full list of EU25 winners
1. Exceptional gentleman under 25 – Asuamah Yeboah Atoapoma
2. Exceptional lady under 25 – Calista Meusique Amoateng
3. Exceptional personality in academia
Princess Korkor Boateng
4. Exceptional Spoken word Artist – Nakeeyat
6. Exceptional personality in tech – Jonathan Kennedy Sowah
7. Exceptional software developer under 25 – Dave Leori Donbo
8. Exceptional musician – Naja
9. Exceptional artist under 25 – Chantelle Kukuua Eghan
10. Exceptional entrepreneur under 25 – Edna Frimpong
11. Exceptional influencer under 25 – Joshua Buernotey Boye-Doe
12. Exceptional author under 25 – Nicholas Buamah
13. Exceptional philanthropist under 25 – Kerry Koranteng
14. Exceptional actor under 25- Samuel Nana Yaw Dabo
15. Exceptional dancer under 25 – Lisa Quama
16. Exceptional public speaker under 25 – Paa Kwesi Folson
17. Exceptional comedian under 25 – Bismark Ofori
18. Exceptional fashion designer under 25- Xorlali Plange
19. Exceptional beautician under 25 – Antoinette Kwofie
20. Exceptional Graphic designer under 25 – Aaron Seyram Akpah
21. Exceptional politician under 25 – Julius Kwame Anthony
22. Exceptional personality in education under 25 – Madina Adutwumwaa Asare
23. Exceptional sports personality under 25 – Deborah Acquah
24. Exceptional photographer under 25 – Bernard Ashitey
25. Exceptional climate change advocate under 25 – Ephraim Attram-Tisei
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|